Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is where I'm suppossed to be.

Salut!
Life is going good (except for my HORRIBLE day at school today, where 2 teachers not only yelled at me, I also fell of the trampolines in gym class and my back is now in pain) BUT that is all overshadowed when I think of the great weekend I had!
Alors. What did I do?!?!?!?!?!!?
Let's see. It all started Friday, when after hanging out in Lausanne with Zion, I went home and watched movies with the little sis for 6 hours straight until 11pm while eating American popcorn and chocolate!
Saturday, I had to get up early and head to Lausanne for a Rotary event (FINALLY! One in the French part where I can understand and the others can't!!!). We were of course, in our sexy blazers. It was a thing for 1 of the 3 districts, so not everyone was there, and it wasn't for us kids, it was for the adults, we were just there to do a little flag parade. So after having some croissants, we all got lined up and WAITED FOREVER! Seriously, they were telling us to go go, get in line, be ready, and then we waited for what was probably 30 to 45 minutes! Ridiculous.
After the 3 minutes we spent in the conference, we made an exit and then waited for another 1 1/2 hours until lunch was served, which turned out to be a rather amazingly good and fancy meal! So I guess it was worth the wait. . . :)
But at lunch, I didn't sit with Becky and Zion and the frenchies, instead I sat with 2 of the germans, and we immediatly became best friends. They are the swiss german version of Becky, Zion, and I. So great.
So after lunch (and sneaking to the desert table many times) we decided to ditch all the other exchangies heading to Geneva (one of my least favorite places in Switzerland) and invited our new friends to come to Chateau D'Oex with us to a balloon festival!
So they agreed and we spent 2 hours on trains getting there and getting to know them! I officialy love them. Haha. It is amazing how easy it is to become best friends when you are an exchange student!
And here, my friends, are the photos depicting what we did. . . . .. . . .

On the train coming in, we could see all the balloons in the sky! So cool! (P.S. desregard my outfit. I know I look like a fat marshmellow type creature as I had my coat on OVER my giant coat (showing how large my blazer is) )
Here we are! The fab 5! Kathleen (from Washington state), Zion, Jenna (from Vancover, Canada), me and Becky!
Jenna and I! It was the perfect time of day to take beautiful pictures with the beautiful scenery!

Chalets, Alps, balloons, does it get better?!

Walking to the festival! Yes, that is me with a Swiss flag taped to my back. I am SO cool. :) Don't we all look like great ambassadors in our blazers?!
Me, Kathleen (so funny) and Jenna :) (Notice our pins! They are filling up! )

Becky, me, and Zion. So Swiss.
Self timer! We had some troubles figuring out just the moment when it was going to go off.
:)

Kathleen wants to be a helicopter pilot, and there were these helicopters, you see, and we wanted a picture with one, you see, and so Kathleen worked up the courage and went to talk to her hero (because he is a pilot) and talked him into letting us get a picture.
Kathleen's hero, Becky, Zion and I by the helicopter! I was a little excited.
You see, after taking these photos, we all decided, out of nowhere, to actually pay and go for a RIDE IN THE HELICOPTER! Totally crazy! And it cracks me up because 2 weekends ago, Becky was asking me if I would ever go in a helicopter with her, because she wanted to, and I was like "I have no intrest in doing something like that". 2 weeks and 50 francs later, there I was.
Jenna. (she looks silly!) We were all screaming like little girls because we couldn't believe we were in a helicopter!

Kathleen and I got to ride in the front! It was SO COOL! I figure it was a once in a lifetime thing to take a helicopter ride in the Alps, so I might as well get over my fear and DO IT! (Although, Kathleen and I were holding hands the entire time our of fear! Haha)
View from the sky!

I thought we were going to crash into this balloon, because our pilot went RIGHT BY IT! Wow. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!

After triumph! It was all of our first times in a helicopter! And one we will never forget with the ones we will never forget!

This was earlier that day (at this point, I would never of believed you if you had told me I would be going in a helicopter in a few hours!) with the Swiss flag! YEAH! Waiting for 45 minutes. yeah.
I. Am. Swiss.
Je. Suis. Suisse.
Ich. Bin. Schweizer.
Gina (a fellow Frenchie who I don't get to see enough of!) and me!
Are you getting the message that we had lots of time, hence lots of photos?!
Kathleen, me, Shebly ( a fellow Frenchies also!) and Zion!


Now, these are the Luzern photos (from 2 weekends ago) that I promised I would obtain and put up! Volia!
Sign that inticates we were at Luzern. Just in case you didn't believe me. :)
LOOK AT HOW WARM IT IS! I AM WEARING A LIGHT COAT AND SUNGLASSES! IN JANUARY! IN SWITZERLAND! Crazy Swizerland.
Me in front of Lake Luzern! I love Luzern! It is SO CUTE ( I know I say this all the time, but I can't help it, they all are!) yet so small for a city in la suisse! Love it!
In front of the bridge that goes across the lake.
The Tower. Where they put all the exchange students how break the D's. Notice I am outside the towerm not inside all you Rotarians? ;)
P.S. In case you are unware of the D's, they are a set of universal rules all Rotary exchange students must obey.
D1. No drinking.
D2. No dating.
D3. No drugs.
D4. No driving. (this is a little hard to break in Swizerland, not that I was trying to though :)
D5. No downloading.
D6. No decorating. (as in tatoos, piercings. . . )
Becky, creeping in on my photo. :)

You know you are in Swizerland if. . . . . every 5 meters, there is a fountain.
Sometime, a long time ago, someone built a wall in Luzern to keep someone else out. I am not sure who, what, when, and all the jazz, all I know is, I got through the wall without arrows being thrown at me, which I feel, means I am a conquerer! Yes. So, naturally, I took a victory picture. :)
Tree Lover! Not really though, I just saw opportunity for a snazzy picture. Haha.
This picture is for everyone back home, who hasn't had me give them the "I am Laura and I will be in charge starting now so listen up kids" look.
Becky, who knows this look well, told me she needed a photo of me doing it, since I never show my true side in photos. Haha. :)

Lake Luzern with the Alps in the background!
Have a great week everyone! (And try not to make it like my day at school!)

No comments:

Post a Comment