Thursday, May 5, 2011

This is my playground.

So. What have I been doing today? Oh. The usual. Booking my reservation to go to the summit of the Eiffel Tower, booking a hotel for Paris, booking a hostel for Spain, plane tickets, train tickets for Europe, etc. . It is just so amazing! I can’t believe that Mom, Dad, and Becca will be here in a month and 5 days. That in 2 weeks, I will be in Barcelona with my best friends, that I will be stomping all over Europe basically. It amazes me. If a year ago you would have told me all of this, I would of laughed. I just can’t believe it! This year has just really opened up my eyes to the world. I mean, I have always had the privilege of being able to travel before, but this year has just really showed me how amazing the world is and has just opened so many doors. I just want to gallivant all over! I feel as though the world is truly my playground. It’s such a great feeling! I just want to discover everything this world has to offer! And I feel as though I’m off to a pretty good start! Smile 

So, more updates, since it wouldn’t let me post these pictures on the other post. So Monday, Brandon was coming back from a week in Spain with his family, but last Saturday was his 18th birthday, so a few of us decided to have a little party to celebrate! He flew into Geneva and then we met in Lausanne, where we had a pre-party ice cream, and then headed to Bern where we met up with the rest of the party crew!  

2

Cris got him a birthday hat. It’s an elephant visor! Haha. So here we have the birthday boy with the birthday hat! When we we walking up to the park to met the others, we started singing “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!” super loud, and then we got there and he puts on the hat and blows out the candles and we are all cheering, all the other people in the park were like, what the heck?! Priceless.

3

Look! It’s a “B” for Brandon!

7

The party crew! Jenna, Brandon (with his great hat), Cris, me, and Peter! Happy 18th birthday Brandon!!!

Tuesday, I headed back to Bern in the afternoon to meet up with basically the same people Smile We wandered around, got some waffles (European waffles are just plain amazing) and the chill in the park! A different one though, since I’m not sure we were welcome in the one we were in the day before. . . We made kind of a big commotion. But it was a birthday celebration after all!

6

Becky and I!

1

Veronica! My New Mexican and I!

4

I have this book that I am asking everyone to sign on a page, and then the page next to it I will put a picture of me and that person, so when I look back at this year, I can remember all the amazing people I met. I also have a Swiss flag that people are signing Smile I’ll post a picture of it soon! But here we have Brandon signing the infamous “book”. With Cris and Veronica looking on in anticipation of signing. . . . Smile 

5

Jenna and I with Bern in the background!

Well, that’s all for now! I’m sure I will have new pictures to share soon! In the meantime, I’m off to play in the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment